I made a quick muslin of this one to check the fit at the bust primarily and made an FBA as shown in the black shaded area below.
The final version is in an olive washed silk from the stash and I plan to make some items that go with this top for a kind of safari inspired mini wardrobe that BWOF is so fond of. It's starting to warm up here and today is really humid so I'm already thinking ahead to summer.
This is an interesting pattern and it's coming together pretty well although I don't think I followed the directions for finishing the neck edges correctly (more on that later when I have worked out what I should have done!). Here is a sneak preview;
Thank you all for the comments on the LBD, I'm glad I have enabled you to try this pattern. To answer some of the comments;
- Carolyn, I agree there is absolutely nothing wrong with having 12 of these dresses, as long as I sew something different now and again!
- Audrey, please tell me more about these special sewing trips to Hong Kong, that sounds like my kind of job!!