This pattern from the May magazine might not be everyones cup of tea, but it reminds me of the 5/2010 - 105 drapy dress I have made numerous times. I wear those a lot in our hot, humid summers so was keen to try a variation on the theme.
5/2016 - 115 A & B
I started with my usual Burda size 38, grading out to a 40 below the waist, but I ended up taking the whole side seam in by at least a size, otherwise the armhole was way too low. and there is plenty of ease. I also raised the front neckline (and shortened the neckband) as it looked a bit wide and low to stay in place on me.
This is a very easy top and dress to make and the sleeve detail adds a bit of interest. The pattern pieces look like a giant t shirt, but the instructions are clear and as long as you remember that what looks like a shoulder seam is actually the armhole it's plain sailing.
The top is made from a panel print jersey that I'd originally intended to be used for a dress, but the dimensions of the panel were too tricky to make that work so I'm glad to put it to use as a drapy top instead. I think this will work great with jeans and wedges for a casual look or dressed up with a pencil skirt and heels.
I'm currently trapped at home all week while contractors replace our floor throughout the apartment so these are only dress form pics for now, taken at night after they had left so they are a bit dark. Everything is in a complete mess and covered in dust from having to make all our doors shorter and cutting planks of wood, my cats are traumatised and I'm not enjoying it much either, but I know it will look good once it's over and I will take some modelling shots then.