Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Bridesmaid dress progress

Well our visitors have left and my sewing room is almost back to normal, although my husband is back to working 18 hour days, I'm slowly clearing the apartment in preparation for our move and it feels very empty - I really miss our guests, we had a lot of fun with them. But there is still lots to do on the dresses to keep me busy. The remaining ones are almost there. Here is the baby's dress, which just needs hemming and a bit of hand finishing inside.


And here is my dress which needs the sash hand sewn onto the bodice and a hem, which will be similar to the 3 year olds so the dress will be cocktail length when it's done.


Did anyone see the new offerings from Vogue, it's rare this happens to me these days but I simply have to get this dress pattern.


This one, er maybe not......

13 comments:

  1. These dresses are superb. You will have to post pictures when they are wearing them. Wonderful color combinations! As for the new Vogue patterns,the dress is lovely. Could be made up in a silk dupioni for dress up or down in a voile......I have to take a look at it more closely at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the subject, the pattern arrived. Thanks and am looking forward to using it.

    I have a couple of old vogue patterns I would be happy to send to you in exchange if you want them. Probably 25 years old. One a shirt dress and other a cape, vest and pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dresses are beautiful. I haven't looked at the new Vogue patterns. The dress pattern is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dresses are looking so pretty! Thanks for the heads up on the new Vogues. I've been stalking their website for weeks now but missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I really like your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that Bellville Sasson pattern too. Your dress is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still in love with that color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dress too! It is so simple and elegant! Also--I have been meaning to post in my blog a big thank you for the Barbie Pattern! My daughter is so excited to make the dresses! I actually like a dress on the envelope! Do you think I could size it up a bazillion times for me? Thank you so much-- I will definitely post when we have accomplished a Barbie outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're looking good! I thought the same thing about that second pattern you've shown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are getting there! They look lovely. More than I can say for that Vogue pants pattern....lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both dresses are lovely. The Vogue dress is hot! I'm going to grab it at the next sale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dresses are beautiful...all three! The wedding party is going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable dresses! The Vogue dress is stunning, but the suit is really a chance they took. Some people can pull it off dashingly though, you know?

    ReplyDelete