Pages

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Older and Richer in Fabric

Well I am back from my fabulous trip to celebrate (?) my 40th birthday in New York and Bermuda.

As you will know by now I met up with Carolyn, LindsayT and Elizabeth in the garment district for a spot of fabric shopping. The time passed all too quickly but it was fun and frankly it probably would have been dangerous for the wallet and my suitcase packing skills if we had had any more time.


I will show you my purchases in a separate post but let me tell you the walk back from the garment district to my hotel felt a lot longer than on the way there.....


A few more pics;

Oops, looking like I am being stabbed in the head by the famous garment district needle.


Historical Dockyard in Bermuda wearing the much worn Burda 02/2009-124 dress which really will fall apart soon.


One of Bermuda's beautiful beaches - freezing water though!


On our hotel balcony before going out for my birthday - in the one dot dress from my last post!

14 comments:

  1. What a way to spend your 40th! Sounds perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate. Happy birthday.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a fabulous time celebrating your 40th birthday! I can't wait to see the fabric you picked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous celebration for your 40th! And I love your "one dot" dress. I've had my version cut out for three weeks now and when I finally get to sewing I hope it looks as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your dresses in all the locations! Happy 40th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the 'on location' photo shoots! What a fabulous way to celebrate, and happy memories of turning 40.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so wonderful to meet you in person and now when I read your blog I hear your voice instead of my own! Glad you had a wonderful time in Bermuda...you are making me wanna go there again.

    I can't wait to see what you got at Metro!!! I'm so happy that you found several pieces to bring home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Glad you a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to spend a Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous way to spend a significant birthday! The pictures are GREAT!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos and great way to spend your 40th! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, fabulous birthday trip! I can't believe the water in Bermuda was cold! That totally defeats the purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete