I've been missing for a while because we had a visitor staying from the UK which meant I lost my sewing room for a while. The good news is that this forced me to give it a much needed tiday up so hopefully I can be a bit more focussed, at least till I mess it up again - I have 2 dresses to show you, first up is a remake from Burda Style May 2010, always good to go with something easy to get the mojo started again.
I first made this dress from a really lousy quality navy blue knit in my stash as I was a bit unsure of the style at the time. Since then I have worn the dress a lot and vowed to make another one in better quality fabric someday. I had just enough black knit left to make a brainless pull it on dress for those days when I just can't think what to wear.
On this one I extended the shoulder seam out and also added a binding to the neckline. I have to admit this was not planned, I attached a folded strip of fabric to the wrong side of the dress and rather than unpick it I wrapped it over to the front and topstitched it in place. It came out much better than anticipated and gives the dress a more relaxed, sporty feel.
It really doesn't look very appealing on the dressform or hanger, but is so easy to wear, a great summer workhorse.
Here I am wearing it on a night out in Stanley, I realise photos of a black dress at night are pretty useless - we tried to get there in daylight, but missed it!