|This is the inside front on it's side, you can see the darker printed fabric at the bottom of the photo that I had to trim off the bias pleated front part - a good 3 inches!|
I did like that this pattern has no facings, it's just lined to the edges. I decided to add little cap sleeves, but if you make it sleeveless do make sure you ignore the instructions and instead keep the side and back seam open until after the lining is attached at the neck and armholes. It's a much cleaner and easier finish, if you're not familiar with this method (like the Big 4 instruction writers apparently!) see Slapdash Sewist's excellent tutorial here.
|Hot pink silk lining - aka dressmaking caffeine in this case|
Here is the finished dress, it really doesn't help the boring-ness factor that you can hardly even see the only detail on the dress!
OK the post is over, you can wake up now! Much more exciting is that I am due to go to a wedding in the UK in less than 2 weeks and I decided today that I did want to make a new dress for it after all, lets see how that crazy idea pans out.