The pattern pieces are the black lines on sheet B not A! The instructions for the top versions are correct luckily - can you imagine trying to find the right pieces otherwise. I think if you use sheet A you would end up with some kind of pants and a huge headache.
Once you have got that out of the way putting this dress together is very easy. My sleeves are a bit long because I totally forgot to flare out the hem allowance (it even tells you to do this in the instructions) - since the sleeve itself is quite tapered if you don't flare it out then the hem allowance is too small - I just ended up taking a narrow hem.
I made this in a brown wool pinstripe which produces a slightly odd effect in that the front is on the bias and the back is on the straight grain, but I quite like it. This will be a great dress for cooler weather, it reminds me of a woven version of the famous Vogue 1250 DKNY jersey cowl dress - just throw it on and you're good to go. I've lightened all these photos so you can see the detail.
I have started a second version in the same cranberry wool that I made the previous skirt from and that gave me a lot more problems, I think because it has a slightly looser weave so the bias is more difficult to handle, in fact it is still hanging waiting to be hemmed. More on that in my next post, for now here are photos of version 1.