Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

Another Patrones 272/48 Stretch Pencil Skirt

I have reclaimed my sewing room after having my sister visit from the UK for Chinese New Year.  It was great to spend a decent amount of time with her and although I miss her now she is gone it is nice to be able to sew again.



The next few projects were all finished before she arrived, but I'm still working on the photography for some of them.  We had unseasonably gorgeous weather here in Hong Kong for Chinese New Year and I should have used that opportunity to take photographs, but I was tied up with other things and of course now it is dark and rainy.

This one is a pretty boring make, and is in fact a complete repeat of this skirt here, even down to the store where I bought the fabric.  One yard, HK$20 and about an hour of sewing and I have a new skirt.  Nothing new to add on the construction I just wanted to show that even projects that are so easy they seem like cheating are worth doing.

I know purple is not everyone's cup of tea but I am going through a bit of a purple phase right now, spurred on by my new not-balenciaga bag.  It will pass eventually!




Lastly to those who asked, the pattern for the navy doubleknit dress from my last post was from the monthly Burda Style magazine, the August 2009 issue.  You could try searching ebay and similar sites for it.  Burda make lots of their patterns available online here, but they don't seem to go back as far as this one unfortunately.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Lunar New year. Purple is my fav colour at the moment too. Love the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, just darling. Great match with the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color! Looks like a total winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great with your bag - proving things don't need to be difficult to look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love purple..........great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful outfit and perfect color combo (loving purple right now too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The purple fits right in with the Fadiant Orchid color of the year. Your are fabulous on trend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a friend and mentor who only wears purple! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love purple, and your skirt is so chic in that color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I am a sucker for color, and the purple bag and skirt are so fab together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blog is good enough, keep up writing such type of posts.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GR0ESK0

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Allison, I moved to Hong Kong (TST) about 2 months ago. I was just wondering whether you buy your knit fabrics locally? You use such beautiful fabrics. Cheers, Jane

    ReplyDelete