03/2016 - 121
These dress form photos show the colour quite accurately, one that keeps popping up here!
I made this version in a ponte knit which is nothing like the stretch crepe per the magazine, but a similar weight to the fabric I used in my previous version so I knew it would work. My original post has more construction detail that I won't repeat here. Once again I left off the zip and swapped the facings for bindings.
Changes I made this time were to sew up the slit and I scooped the front neckline a bit lower. I also swapped out the sleeves. The original is a one piece cap sleeve, the pattern piece is sort of rugby ball shaped and it does tend to stick out, which is OK, but I wanted something different this time around. I just searched for cap sleeve on the BurdaStyle website and picked 01/2012 - 113, a 2 piece self lined cap sleeve.
|The original sticky-out cap sleeve|
|My replacement sleeve|
As usual I had real problems getting the lighting right when it came to taking photos on me and I couldn't figure out why they came out so differently to the dress form ones.
I came to the conclusion that as I'm using a self timer and have the camera on an automatic setting, the settings are determined by my empty frame and then don't apply once I've dashed into position (so far I've looked in vain for a compatible remote which would fix things I think). I've no idea if this is true, but I tried again with a manual setting and despite a couple of shots like the ones below I did sort of get somewhere in that the lighting is better although the focus is off a bit.
I really blame my photography for slowing up my blogging, but I'm getting a better idea of what to look for when it's time to get a new camera. If anyone has any recommendations or tips though please do share them. I know people really like to see the clothes on a real life body and I have to admit that it is really useful for me to to see things a bit more objectively.