Wednesday, February 13, 2008
BWOF 2008/01 - 120 Top ; Progress in pictures
Here is the top so far. It is largely still only pinned together but you can see the general idea. You can see the problem with the slightly transparent fabric, but the dressform is dark, on me it's less noticeable. This is one of the stranger garments I've made and the instructions are quite confusing. The front and back have collar pieces attached and then there are 2 additional single layer collars which sit on top of that. Here is a close up photo to try and show that. It's not very clear how to finish the collars on the inside so I am just going to do my own thing - still experimenting with that. I am pleased with the trim I found, not too lacy and makes a big difference to the overall look of the shirt - it was starting to remind me either of a doctors coat or chef whites before!