It's been a while since I made anything with a notched collar and it took me two goes before I was happy with how it turned out. Then I reached the instructions for the "bellows" pockets and really came unstuck, they just aren't making any sense to me. However I'm not sure it matters because I may leave them off anyhow - I don't really need extra bellows on my hips thank you! I suppose I could make them as patch pockets - in the photos below I have pinned the pockets on so you can get a rough idea how it will look with and without pockets - any views on which is better (I know it's hard with the hastily pinned on pockets and rushed photos) - none, patch or the original "bellows"?
I wish I had more dedicated blocks of time to spend on this project - just having the odd hour here and there during the week makes it feel like it is taking forever and I still have to add beltloops, buttons, buttonholes, hem and lining. And decide on those pesky pockets.
Of course there is also the fact that I want to put my new serger through it's paces and a lined jacket is not going to do that. I have threaded and tested the new toy and love it so far, I think I will whizz up a jersey dress or top from a pattern that I have made before this weekend so that I get the chance to use it and satisfy those instant gratification urges I am feeling.
It probably sounds like I am unhappy with the jacket, but actually as soon as I had made the sleeves I totally fell in love with it - the pleated detail is lovely - here is a close up photo.