Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Instant Gratification Skirt Version 2

Thank you everyone for the comments on my recent outfits. I wore the saffron jacket and print skirt out to lunch last weekend and my (male) friend said to me " that's the nicest I've seen you look in a long time" !!! I suppose there is a compliment in there somewhere!

Sometimes a fabric just tells you what it wants to be and that's what happened with the embroidered black and white cotton I bought recently. I made another version of the easy skirt - BWOF 03/2008-105. I added in a silk satin lining and omitted the belt detail on this one. This one proves what a versatile pattern this is, I can wear this all year round by pairing it with different garments. And I can make it up in a few hours, I'm sure there will be a version 3 before too long.

Here is the summer look;


Here is the winter look, this is my favourite, I almost can't wait for cooler weather to arrive. I'm wearing it with the Vogue Montana denim jacket that I made earlier this year.

I'm also rather impressed with my seam matching and invisible zipper on the centre back!

13 comments:

Adrienne said...

Very nice! That zipper matches perfectly!!! Love it!

Tamara said...

Very cute skirt. The whole outfit looks great on you!

KayB said...

Wow... I really like this combi. I had a longer look at your Montana jacket - and it really knocked me off my feet, so much so, that I think I might try it myself.
I also like your craftsmanship - the matching seams on the zipper are great, really like your projects!

-E said...

That winter look is too jazzy!!! Very nice!

Christina said...

Wow, the print matches perfectly..! Great looks for warm and cold weather.

Lindsay T said...

Looking good! Love the pseudo-compliment you got. Men!

Beth H said...

Nice! Love the Montana jacket. Your pattern matching across that zipper is indeed impressive.

Vicki said...

Great matching job on the skirt :) And nice to see that great jacket again!

Dei said...

So pretty! A look how perfect your seaming is in the back. The denim jacket is killer!

Sigrid said...

Great to have a skirt that can be worn in each season. Wonderful outfits.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Love the skirt and I would be proud of that zipper too!

Tany said...

Again, a great outfit! Thanks for reminding me of that gorgeous Montana jacket! I have the pattern and I can't wait to find the right fabric for it!

Ana'scloset said...

Love the summer/winter look! You're very tallent! Congratulations!