I thought this would make a cool floaty summer top so I made this in a silk pucci style print. The silk is very lightweight so I added a deeper hem and also some beads on the ties to give it a little bit of weight and help it hang better.
This is not the kind of shape I usually wear, but there isn't too much fabric to gather onto the drawstring empire waist so it's OK. Unless BWOF have gone completely crazy with their necklines it is designed to be worn over another layer. Probably not my favourite style, but it will be great for the humid summers we get here and I'm sure I will get a lot of wear out of it. I think this would make a great beach cover up too.
My drawstring casings were very narrow because I didn't read the cutting instructions properly (well not at all actually) and had just added standard seam allowances. Never mind, I simply used a very thin satin cording for the drawstring and added some beads at the ends to stop the cord disappearing inside the casing. The instructions have you put in two buttonholes on the front for the drawstring, I just used one at the centre.