Pages

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Work in Progress - Vogue 1123 Dress

Since finishing my jacket we are of course having a mini heatwave so I'm back on dresses. If anyone can remember back far enough, I decided back in September last year to use up 7 unused dress patterns. This will be number 4;

You need to see the line drawing to appreciate the design, I just love the seamlines on this dress.




I'm making it in a purple lightweight wool fabric that actually looks quite similar to the colour of the jacket in the above photo. It's quite bright, I hope I don't look like that girl from Willy Wonka that turned into a blueberry!

The pattern is rated as advanced but I think that must be for the jacket because the dress is really quite simple and coming together fast (famous last words...).

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the complete dress. I think it would be beautiful in that bright colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it will be a great pattern...I love the seam lines as well! Can't wait to see what you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a beautiful color for the dress. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture really doesn't do that pattern justice. The line drawings are really cool. I've passed this pattern up but think I might need to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it would be beautiful in that bright colour!
    party video

    ReplyDelete