This is yet another very easy dress to make. As you can see from the line drawing it's pretty shapeless - to make it work it's all about the belt and the fabric.
I used a silk that has been in my stash for a while. I really loved the colours - chocolate brown and blue - but didn't quite know how to use it as it had horizontal stripes arranged in vertical blocks. In the end I cut it on the cross grain, it looked OK but needed something else so I decided to experiment with the fabric a bit. I cut some additional strips of fabric, on grain this time and added two bands at the hem so it looks like a border print fabric now.
I didn't add the side slits as I found there was plenty of walking ease in the dress and leaving out the slits made life easier when it came to attaching the bands. Otherwise there is really nothing to say about the construction, it's two pattern pieces, plus two strips for the neck facing and the belt and a bit of elastic in the back yoke seam. Easy!
I wore this out last night and for hot humid climates this is ideal, I'm really happy with it.