Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Getting carried away now...

Is it OK to be matchy-matchy when you are 2? I think there is no better time, so I made a little hat (Burda magazine 04/2009 142, super easy to sew). I hope I will be able to post a photo here of the outfit on my little muse soon.


I have also finished a dress for me but its very stormy here and too dark to take decent photos so we will all have to wait till the sun comes back....

It's this one - Vogue 1159, Donna Karan draped jersey dress.


This was such fun to make, it looked nothing like a dress until the last moment and it was so satisfying at the end - like finishing a sudoku puzzle or something. These are the pattern pieces!

7 comments:

Gail said...

Dying to see the dress. the hat is cute. When my eldest was little, matching hats with dresses was de rigeur.

Michelle said...

What a cute hat! And that dress looks so interesting...now that you have shown the image of the pattern pieces, it makes me want to go get that pattern!

Nancy K said...

Can't wait to see the dress. I bought this pattern, but I was stumped after seeing the pattern pieces on how to increase the hip area for me. Ah well, I should probably give this one away.
Great hat.

amber said...

If there is ever a time to be matchy-matchy, 2yo is most definitely it. ;)

Can't wait to see the Donna Karan dress!

Angela said...

Too cute! That hat is adorable and I can't wait to see the whole outfit and your dress!

Tanya said...

Too cute, I loved having my DD all matchy-matchy when she was growing up, I was way over the top, hair bows, coverlets for her socks, purses it was such fun.

Sue said...

The hat is adorable and I am looking forward to seeing the dress!