Pages

Thursday 1 September 2011

Me Made Singapore

Me Made September starts today and I admire anyone who can commit and participate in it everyday.  While I probably do wear something that I have made everyday, especially in the summer, taking and posting photos each day for 30 days?  Well it's just not going to happen.

However I recently spent a long weekend in Singapore as my husband was working over there and as I was packing my bags with stuff I'd made decided I would do a mini Me Made Singapore Weekend.

Friday afternoon travelling
Not a lot made here, just the top version of Vogue 1250 .  Singapore is only a 3.5 hr flight so I ignored all the conventional advice to not wear jeans or heels!


Friday night bar hopping
My new Vena Cava Vogue 1258 dress.  As predicted I can't keep my hands out of the pockets, consider me a pocket convert!




Saturday shopping
Burda 05/2011 - 104 with obi belt.  Blog post to follow!
This black silk dress was perfect for shopping on a hot day (although I didn't find it as hot as Hong Kong is at the moment).  I had to (yes, genuinely had to!) go to Arab Street which is filled with fabric shops - more on that another day....




Saturday afternoon poolside
McCalls 6069, this makes a perfect beach/pool dress.  Actually I confess this photo is from Sunday afternoon as I realised looking at the photos that I had the dress on backwards on Saturday - thought the front was lower than I remembered!


Saturday night dinner
Vogue 1120 DKNY blue silk dress
Admittedly we only got around to taking photos after dinner by which time both model and photographer were tired and had got through a fair bit of wine so these are not the greatest pictures!





Sunday 
I wore this all day, except for another spell by the pool - Vogue 1250 LBD


26 comments:

  1. that is one beautiful weekend wardrobe. It is really amazing to stop and think that you actually created all of these outfits.
    Stunning!!

    Looking forward to hearing more about shopping in Singapore. What did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great wardrobe weekend! That's a lot of work :) Can't wait to see your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great weekend - fabulous dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dresses look fantastic, all of them!

    And I spy some familiar territory. The past weekend was a little cooler here than it had been for the past few months (it really can get much hotter than this).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in all of them. And I always think dresses pack so well. Can't wait to see your fabric acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am jealous! Lucky you. looks like you had a fabulous time and were dressed to impress. Some lovely dresses there. 1258 is expecially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a nice take on self-stitched September. Lovely dresses, but I think Vogue 1250 is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have an arsenal of amazing dresses. You have a very nice style and all your dress+fabric choices look so spot on. Hope your vacation was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely capsule wardrobe! I always admire people who travel in such smart attire.

    The self-stiched september thing is not feasible for me either, but I love the idea of a self made long-weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wear dresses so well! Your weekend looks glamourous. Can't wait to here more details about the fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great me-made weekend, you´ve got so many great dresses, I really love your work! And looks like you had a good time as well. Win win! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous travel wardrobe - sigh! a week-end in Singapore sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful weekend wardrobe. Dresses are especially nice in hot weather. Looks like a great time was had.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so elegant!! I started this morning taking pics of what I wear in the month of September that I have made. It will be interesting to see how many days I wear something I made.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the most stylish travel wardrobe I've seen. You look beautifully put together for every activity. Hope you had a great time. Yes, I couldn't imagine doing a photo a day for 30 days either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are such the fashionable traveler, as they'd say here in my part of NY. My niece was born in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post! I don't think I could do photos every day for 30 days either, but a short trip is very doable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A truly stunning collection of dresses. I've just cut a test garment for V1250 and am a little alarmed to see that your Vena Cava dress is in the same colour jersey (close to that on the pattern jacket)that I purchased for mine. Must be unconsciously copying.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stylish weekend wardrobe - you've made some beautiful dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very stylish travel wardrobe. Always love to see sewist wearing their own creations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look fabulous in all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous weekend wardrobe. You always make the best dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are the best looking traveler ever!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great photos, you really travel in style!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your travel wardrobe was FABULOUS!!! So stylish!!!

    ReplyDelete