Pages

Thursday 22 December 2011

Vogue 8527 Clutch Bags

Oh my goodness where has the month gone?  Actually I know where it has gone, into a whirlwind of parties and shopping!  There has even been a little bit of sewing but that will have to wait until the new year to see that as I still have to wrap presents and pack before we head off to see friends in LA tomorrow.

I did foolishly ask my sister in law what I could get my nieces for Christmas and she said they would love something made by me - argh not what I wanted to hear mid December with last posting dates imminent!  But I managed to whip up two bags in sparkly denim using Vogue 8527, view C.  I really like the bags, but if I make it for myself then I would add much stiffer interfacing, but for dressing up fun bags these will do just fine I hope.







Wishing you all very happy holidays and here is to another great sewing year in 2012.  I think my new years resolution will be to get more organised with my blogging!

My husband picked this apple up at our gym, I have no idea how they did it but I'm not sure I want to eat it!

15 comments:

  1. The apple is perfectly edible! The farmer applied a sticky stencil to the unripe fruit, and only the uncovered parts colored in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag! Non-sewers don't usually realize how long it takes to actually make something by hand, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bags are cute!
    Have a Merry Christmas, and a great time in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bags are darling and very polished looking. Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hve a good time in LA, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bags are cute. I decided to sit out holiday gift sewing and don't regret that decision, but I do like seeing what others have done.

    In a former life, I was a chemist. I suspect the apple was picked while green and then gassed with ethylene to turn it red. It's a common practice done for most supermarket red apples.

    If you apply a sticker to the apple, it acts like a resist, and the covered part doesn't turn red.

    If that's what was done to your apple, it's safe to eat it.

    Ethylene is a gas given off by ripening fruit and industrial-scale agriculture just figured out a way to control it. Compared with all the other things done with our food, this one is minor and harmless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bag. I always use heavyweight interfacing and H640 Pellon to boost it up, makes a huge difference. Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! Both the bag & the apple

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice bag. Hope you had an apple of a Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I saw your finished project at the exact point when I was considering which clutch pattern to buy. Your version turned out so adorable. I hope your nieces enjoy them!

    I'm hoping to make some clutches to use up left over fabric from finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute bag! Hope you had a great Christmas. By the way you asked about my Patrones source - I get it directly from Patrones - it was 100 euro and the email is suscripciones@rba.es. The apple gives me the heeby jeebies, the gassing and sticky stencils info does rather spoil the illusion of natural appleness doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete