Pages

Friday 6 January 2012

2011 Year in Review

I'm really enjoying reading the 2011 reviews posted by other bloggers so I thought I'd go back over my blog and jump on the bandwagon.  What an interesting exercise - for me at least, I learnt a lot.

This year I am not going to make any grand statements about making wardrobes or listing out the next few projects I have planned because it seems I never follow them through!  I also need to branch out a bit from black and blue!
(Link to album here)


I've never done this before but think it will be interesting to compare with next year so here are some stats of completed items.  For someone who thinks and reads about sewing a lot, 28 completed items seems kind of low, either I am even slower than I thought or I am a bad blogger and have missed a few things out.


Unsurprisingly, 2011 was the year of the dress continuing on from my discovery last year that dresses don't necessarily have to be dressy.  They are now a major part of summer dressing for me, this year I am going to incorporate them into my winter wardrobe (uh oh was that a grand statement I made there, never to be fulfilled?).

I thought this was a fantastic year for Vogue designer patterns and not such a good year for BurdaStyle.  My count is still quite high thanks to back issues but I am optimistic this year will be better if the last few issues are anything to go by (hopefully not another grand statement!).













17 comments:

  1. I enjoyed following your blog very much this year! NIce to see all these items together. I think they all work so nicely together— if this color scheme suits you then I don't see why you have to branch out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great grouping of garments! You always look so fab in your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had so many great creations in 2011. I can't wait to see what you make this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of garments. I would be very happy with 28 garments completed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think 28 is quite impressive and they all look fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive year, I so enjoy following your blog and all you wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These 28 look so great on you! Can't wait to see what are you going to make in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm coming around to casual dresses myself! Have a terrific 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the things you have made . I have book marked this as so many of your things I want to try for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, I don't think 28 is low at all - and your 28 projects are gorgeous, non-trivial sewing - and all your projects make me drool a little. (And decide I must make the patterns you do.) Happy sewing in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful set! It is amusing to see how much blue you sew--but it's a great color for you so why not? I'm always looking forward to your next project...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think 28 is a lot and most of your projects are intermediate and advanced. It's not like you made 28 shirred skirts or something. My number isn't even close to yours and my projects range from beginner to intermediate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the style and quality of all of your garments. Looking forward to seeing what you make next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great year sewing wise for you. Some great outfits there :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to see all your creations lined up like that! You are such an inspiration, especially when it comes to knit dresses! Love them all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow gril, you're seriously productive :) You have made several really nice pieces, thanks for being such an inspiration! I hope to have made - and documented - at least few such nice pieces by the end of this year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! I'm loving these year end recaps since I've been away from the blogging world for almost a year now. Beautiful additions to your closet!

    ReplyDelete