This is a dress from 05/2007 - 126, a simple v neck dress with a half front overlay that ties to a short tie inserted in the opposite side seam. The original dress is georgette with a knit lining so I figured it would work in a knit and made it in a navy jersey.
As such, I could eliminate the centre back seam, zipper and darts in the back. I also eliminated the front bust darts just by easing the excess into the side seams and raised the v neckline, by a bit too much if I'm honest, but I'm more comfortable with that than too low. Next time I will be a bit less conservative! I totally forgot about making a corresponding adjustment to the overlay (until literally just now, writing this!) so mine don't line up like the pattern picture, but I think that's OK.
When I cut the pattern out I added extra length at the hem and decided after trying it on to leave it quite long, just for a change in my wardrobe really, there are lots of longer length skirts around now and I'm getting used to the look again. From the scraps I had left I made an elasticated waist half slip to wear under it as the fabric is quite thin, fine for tops weight, but a bit flimsy for the bottom half I think.
Overall this is a super comfy, versatile dress that doesn't look like all the other jersey dresses in my wardrobe! It really is like wearing a tshirt, I can just throw it on and forget about it.
As usual I found it really hard taking decent photos of dark dresses, but here you go....
It can also work with heels and a bit of jewellery & a clutch bag (which you will have to imagine) for a dressier look.