.....In case the title doesn't say it loud enough I'm going to get straight to the point and say this was a total wadder for me. I am a fan of Burda's patterns and in particular their consistent sizing so it pains me a bit to say this, but the fit on this was awful - the neckline was far too wide, the sleeves very narrow and the top just wouldn't stay on my shoulders at all. If you decide to make this or the dress version I highly recommend a muslin first.
It would probably have been OK if I spent the whole day posed like this model and held a torch to blind anyone who tried to take a closer look (I really should be more suspicious of pattern photos like this!).
Which is not what I did, oh no, I cut straight into some lovely red silk jersey. For some reason I always get an urge to whip up something at the 11th hour before a trip and often it turns out to be unsuitable in some way, perhaps I'll learn one of these days. Here is the sorry result (the back neckline is still unfinished here, I knew when to quit!). I do think it's important to show the bad stuff, but dwelling on it is just a bit depressing so one picture and let's move on!
I had to salvage the fabric so I hacked off the top half and with the off cuts just managed to squeeze out a simple cowl top from Burda Style 05/2013 albeit with an extra seam below the waist. I've made this a couple of times before from leftovers as it uses a small amount of fabric if you ignore Burda's instructions to cut it on the bias - it doesn't seem to be necessary in a knit. It feels nice to wear, but is a bit ordinary for the lovely fabric sadly.
This is the top I was wearing in my previous pants post, here is a dodgy cropped picture from that post.