Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2015

BurdaStyle 05/2010 - 105 Easy Dress Remake x2

Thank you for all the interesting comments on my last post about the twist dress.  My sewing mojo is back (admittedly given a little nudge by two recent visits across the border into China to buy fabric).  I am really behind with blogging now, not helped by updating our operating system and getting used to all the changes that has brought, I hate the new photo application in particular.  Oh well I guess by the time I am caught up blogging I will have got the hang of it.

I made this dress (5/2010 - 105) when it first came out in a terrible quality navy fabric.  I don't know if it was harder to get decent Jersey fabric 5 years ago or if I just didn't know where to shop, but happily that has all changed.  Despite the crappy fabric I wore this dress that year on my 40th birthday where I happened to be in Bermuda and have worn it regularly ever since, time to finally update it.



This is such a quick and easy dress to make that I decided to make another one in purple ITY too.  There is really nothing to say about the construction, I made the straight skirt a little wider, but if you have the shape and the confidence for it I do think a narrow skirt with the blousy top would look better.



It doesn't look much on either a hanger or my sad, falling to bits dress form, but it's really versatile, great for dressing up and down and perfect for travel which is handy as I am off to the UK tomorrow visiting family, these dresses are definitely coming with me.



Max the photobomber!


 The purple version (I have a bit of a thing for purple at the moment...)






16 comments:

  1. Great dresses! The pattern looks like it would work with a soft woven too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple style yet so elegant and chic. Will be perfect for travelling, bonvyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look great on you - I'm a tiny bit more partial to the purple one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple yet elegant and they will be fun to travel with and play with the accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those look great on you and how perfect for travel. I am glad to see this pattern, as I was just looking at it the other day...might have to put it on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great style, and I particularly like the purple version.
    Bring some warm layers for the UK visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty dresses, have a safe trip and good time in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually remember this dress when it came out and it may have been because of your first rendition. It looks OK on the hanger, but really fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it with the necklace, so chic and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing beats a quick win pattern. I really liked this the first time you made it and these dresses are no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great find! And you have really done the materials justice. amazing sewing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a simple style yet so chic. perfect for travelling. Great design clothes online tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng ở đâu uy tín.

    ReplyDelete