Pages

Friday 2 June 2017

Style Arc Imogen Maxi Knit Skirt

I really need to stop making sweeping statements on my blog.  A couple of posts after saying I always wear knit dresses all summer long, lately I have only been making skirts!  Here is one of them, a knit maxi skirt from Style Arc.  I am fairly sure I received this pattern as one of the monthly freebies with a purchase of any pattern.  I mean, I do really like it, but it's such a simple pattern I doubt I would have paid full price for it.

Style Arc Imogen

I had quite a lot of fabric left over from my black and white knit dress and I didn't want another dress in the same fabric so it seemed like a good opportunity to try out this pattern.

I didn't have quite enough fabric for the folded yoga pant style waistband so I just made a regular waistband with elastic inserted in it to fit my waist and making sure it would stretch over my hips.   In reality I will probably always wear tops untucked so this may be a better choice of waistband for me anyway.

Construction is very easy and very fast, it's one skirt pattern piece, cut 4 times and sewn together.  However the cut is lovely and I really like how it is quite sleek at the top and satisfyingly swishy round the ankles.

The fabric pattern and folds created a pattern that my camera did not like at all, but anyway....




My cats were obsessed with getting under the skirt which is sort of helpful for seeing some of the flare I suppose.




At full price I admit this is quite an expensive pattern for how simple it is, but I do love the drafting of Style Arc patterns if you don't need much in the way of instructions.  There must be similar offerings out there from other companies - among the big ones I found McCall's 7386 , a similar shape, but without the centre front and back seams and McCall's 7130 with even more seams.

I will definitely be making this skirt again soon, it's perfect for summer which is well and truly here in all it's humid glory!




7 comments:

  1. I love this skirt on you and "the look" of your outfit! I'm definitely into this look for this summer too, though I'm still waiting for the heat and humidity to show up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty on you! I love the lines of this skirt combined with your fabric selection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This skirt looks so nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty skirt! You look ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely skirt, looks perfectly swishy and elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stylish and looks perfect for your humid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been lucky here; it hasn't been too hot, but that skirt looks perfect for when it does.

    ReplyDelete