11/2018 - 119 Blazer
For this version I did things slightly differently and made it from a ponte knit (really only because I have lots and it takes up lots of space in my stash!) and left it unlined. I also lengthened it as I plan to wear it with jeans or pants and prefer my butt to be covered, with a skirt or dress I think the original pattern length would be better for me.
All the seams were finished together on my serger and then I topstitched to flatten and define the seemliness and edges.
The instructions are to interface the whole front of the jacket, but I decided this was not necessary in my fabric. I only interfaced the back neck facing, 1 pair of pocket flaps, front peplum facing and the inner front band. In a lighter suiting material I would use more.
I'm really happy with how this turned out, and dare I say this might be my new TNT blazer pattern. As I mentioned it is pretty easy to make for a jacket and the clean collarless front mean it can work with lots of different options underneath.
Update since drafting this post.....I've already cut another one in a teal crepe, very similar to the magazine original!