Back at the beginning of the year I set some sewing targets - can you believe we are almost a quarter of the way through the year? Here's what optimistic me had to say back then - lets see how I am doing;
1) Keep up with this blog, recording all my projects successful or otherwise. I think it will be interesting to look back over the year and see what I have achieved.
- Well this part is going OK!
2) Make a piece each month from BWOF, unless I hate everything in an issue obviously
- January - done, February - stuck, March - not started. Well thats OK, the Pattern Review sewalong is a month behind, I can do that too.
3) Make something, anything, from the Patrones magazines my Spanish sister in law has been kindly sending to me.
- Not yet, but don't panic it's only March!.
4) Complete a co-ordinating summer mini wardrobe or collection. My sewing tends to be a bit random and while I am not ready for a full blown SWAP this will be a good introduction to better planning.
- By an amazing coincidence Pattern Review are doing a mini wardobe contest from 1st May so this should fit right in here.
Re Patrones, my sister in law accidentally sent me the same copy twice so I am going to give it away to a reader from my blog who wants it - the only condition is that you must make something from it!! If you are interested please leave a comment on this post or you can send me a private message through Pattern Review if you prefer (Allie in Hong Kong). I'll keep this open for another week and if there are a number of interested people I'll put the names into a hat and pick one at random.
The issue is from December 07, number 263. I'm sorry I have no clue where to link to a website with more details, but here's some pics.
It has 47 womenswear patterns in sizes 40-44-48 and 12 in sizes 50-54-58. Sizes are not the same as BWOF (they are at least a couple of sizes smaller I'd say) and all the instructions are in Spanish. Lots of lovely things, I really must get working on goal number 3 myself - maybe you can join me......