Pages

Monday 26 May 2008

BWOF 08/2003 105 Pants

Voila, the third piece of my Pattern Review mini wardobe contest entry.
These are not the same pants as in my original storyboard. This is because I had a (rare!) bright idea how I could link my pieces together to make more of a mini collection than a bunch of separates.

I decided to add a belt and buckle feature to the dress, pants and white shirt. My local notions market stalls didn't have quite the right thing and while I was pondering whether to take a trip further afield I noticed some silver earrings in the stall next door.  Although these were too expensive to justify taking apart they gave me the idea to search for earrings or perhaps a belt in some of the cheaper stores. H&M came up trumps!  


I decided to fasten the belts to the buckles with snaps so that I could swap out the buckles at a later stage should the perfect one appear and this also means it is possible to change them to create slightly different looks. I also changed the front waistband to have a small section in the silk dupioni that I used for the top.


An added bonus to making this change to my original storyboard was that this pants pattern is really simple! They have a yoke waistband, side zip and slightly flared legs. The much loved BWOF pants cut is there and they are quick to make especially if you don't fuss with the waistband. 

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea to use the earring as a buckle! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous! What a clever idea to use the earings on both the pants and the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the earring/buckle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great suit! Love the earring/buckle also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the buckle idea and will definitely be on the look-out for earrings to steal this look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding job with the belt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete