Pages

Wednesday 14 May 2008

I'm back

Can you tell I had a good time?!

I wore my recent BWOF jacket as a blouse this time to travel in and it was really cool and comfortable. Here's a better picture of it taken while waiting for the taxi to take us to the airport.


On a more serious note, I was shocked to hear on my return about the earthquake in China. The charity I work for (Animals Asia Foundation) campaigns to end bear bile farming and we have a rescue centre in Chengdu which provides a home for 150 workers and over 160 bears. Fortunately none of our 2 or 4 legged residents were harmed although some buildings on site have been damaged. There are thousands of others not so lucky though, it really is a tragedy.

On sewing news I have been enjoying catching up with sewing blogs and am looking forward to getting back in my sewing room. I am still planning on at least attempting my mini wardrobe and I should get plenty of time to work on that (i.e. start it) this weekend - I will post about my plans next time.

3 comments:

  1. Thank God your workers are safe. It's heartwrenching to watch the news from China and Myanmar right now.

    On a brighter note, you look fabulous in your blouse/jacket! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blouse looked great, I really love that color on you, nice to have you back safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a holiday I would like to go on!

    The news from China is terrible, particularly so soon after the cyclone in Burma. We really need to count our own blessings!

    ReplyDelete