We had a number 8 typhoon warning up here this morning which means that all places of work are officially closed. While this is no doubt extremely inconvenient for some, for me it meant a lie in and a bonus few hours to finish up this blouse!
This is the sewing course pattern from June 08 BWOF, and is pretty easy to sew as long as you are comfortable sewing a collar and stand. I had to fuss with mine a bit to get it looking how I wanted, but got there in the end. Of course afterwards I remembered the tutorial site that Sigrid has created which has 2 excellent and different methods for attaching this type of collar.
My serger was not co-operating when I started this project so I finished all the seams by either flat felling or turning under and topstitching. The end result is unexpectedly interesting - it has the formality of a menwear shirt, feminine stylelines and sporty snaps as fasteners.
I did an FBA in this blouse as I normally do for BWOF woven tops and rotated the dart into the side gathers. However I think the gathers on the top yoke would probably have been sufficient and I don't really need an FBA - it sure feels like there is some excess fabric there but that is partly the design.
Overall I am pretty happy with how it turned out and will probably make another one in a print, it's a great summer shirt pattern. I've now completed 2 items from June's magazine before the month is over which must be some kind of record!