I know - - - about time too!
My blog title - sewing gallery - has not been very appropriate of late. It's rather less of a regular gallery and more like one of those modern art installation with a big empty room containing a small and useless object artfully arranged in the middle of the floor. But all that is going to change soon I hope - from August I will only be working 3 days a week so I will have a whole extra day to get some pieces hanging up in my gallery.
Let's start now - here is the final jacket. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
The only changes I made to the original pattern (shown below in case you need a refresher as it's been so long in the making) were to add a lining, omit the pockets and shorten the jacket by around 4 inches. I left off the top row of buttons since I will only ever wear this jacket with the collar open. I also only did one row of topstitching instead of 2 because I misinterpreted the instructions at the beginning and once the seams were enclosed I didn't want to go back and fix that.
Amazingly, with the other pieces I have completed recently I have created an accidental mini wardrobe :