This is the faux fur coat I am working on, from Burda 10/2008 - 101.
The main coat pieces are put together and I have already assembled the lining so this project is coming together really fast (for me). This is partly because the pattern was designed for fur and as such has a very simple shape, but the main reason is that the fur just makes such a mess I want to get it assembled as quickly as possible. After I had cut it out it looked like there had been a black snow blizzard in my sewing room! I am still finding bits of turquoise silk around my apartment from the dress I made in November so I think I will be finding tufts of fur for years!
Here is the coat so far. I cut the full length sleeves from view 102 which are meant to be gathered at the wrists so I am finding these ones way too long and also possibly too wide so I may change them back to the 3/4 length or alter them. I still have hems, lining and fastenings to do, but I hope to have this finished in the next couple of days.
After the Christmas green eyelashes I am sure you are all waiting with bated breath for my next cosmetics post so let me share my latest manicure with you - China Glaze holographic polish, I can't stop looking at it!