Pages

Thursday 28 July 2011

Procrastination Pays!

Warning - pictureless post ahead!

Having been excited about the latest release of Vogue Patterns, when it came to actually picking those I really wanted to buy that couldn't easily be replicated from my mountain of existing patterns I just couldn't decide.  I narrowed it down to 4, but that just gets me into the $25 shipping range for 4-7 patterns so I either needed to add 3 or lose 1 and, well time went by and the sale expired.

Today I received an email that all Vogue, McCall and Butterick are on sale and Vogues are $1 cheaper than the sale of a few days ago.  I am happy about this but I can imagine there will be a lot of cross people out there.  Are you one of them?  I remember they did this a couple of years ago too just after an exclusive Club BMV sale - I was a cross person then and at that point I let my membership of that club lapse (what a revolutionary I am!).

Of course I still have to decide what to get, but at least I can consider all 3 pattern lines this time around.

I also picked up my August Burda yesterday and made a list of about 8 things I would like to make which is a vast improvement on the last couple of years.  Unfortunately next month is folklore time (again) so it might be business as usual.....

12 comments:

  1. Vogue seems to have 2 sales per month, one at 4.99 per pattern and one at 3.88 per pattern. I usually hang out for the 3.88 sale, but the shipping costs still add up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shop for mine at the local JoAnn Fabrics when they have a $3.99 sale. I was in there on Monday and noticed that they reduced the number of pattern drawers by Vogue. I may have to start buying online if they don't have what I want, so this is good information to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am mad! I paid the higher price and had room for more to fill up the shipping but was after McCalls which wasn't on sale. But not too mad due to the strong aussie $

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of those cross people. I broke down and ordered the Vogues last week when they were on sale. Oh well, it happens. I ordered 4 of them too. I can't wait to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of the annoyed people. I just bought 4 patterns for $4 more. Of course that's not a lot of money but hey, it's still irritating. It's funny, I was not thrilled with August's Burda But, hey that's life. They've changed so much at Burda but that damn folkloric schtick is still there, that and carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I'm wise to Vogue's tricks now and wait for the $3.99 sale...but since I don't particularly like anything in the new fall line...I'm waiting for the new Buttericks fall line to show up. Always, always wait for the $3.99 sale...they are occurring more frequently than they use too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh boo! I really only buy Vogues once every 2 or 3 years but I bought some this week, playing the same international shipping mind games and narrowing it down to three.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been paying the higher price. Most recently on a bunch inspired by none other than this very blog. Next time I will wait for the cheaper price. Thanks for the tips ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really irritating when they do that - you end up paying more as a BMV member!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really irritating when they do that - you end up paying more as a BMV member!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm feeling lucky - I procrastinated too, and thought I'd missed out. I managed to get my order in for the follow-up sale though - and managed to whittle down my crazy long wishlist too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to buy my sewing patterns from the site you mention in your blog, but I don't any more. After the shipping rates went up, I find them to be over the top - at least for international customers (and I'm one of them). Since I often buy about 5 to 10 patterns (yes, I'm a bit of a pattern stasho-holic (blush)), I buy them from www.sewingpatterns.com. The Vogue, Butterick, McCall's and Simplicity patterns are on sale monthly and although the Vogue patterns cost 5.99 (the other brands 2.99), with their shipping rates it is ALWAYS much cheaper than at Voguepatterns.

    ReplyDelete