Pages

Saturday 13 September 2008

New Look 6729 "Missoni" silk jersey version


The last of my 4 recent pieces is my favourite. I made another version of New Look 6729 wrap tunic in this gorgeous Missoni (allegedly) silk jersey.  


This is the first time I have used silk jersey and I had concerns that it would be slippery to sew with, have a tendency to get chewed up by my sewing machine and also that it would be too flimsy. I was wrong on all three counts. This fabric was a joy to work with and the finished top feels so luxurious and comfortable. I love it and will definitely get some more silk jersey when I next feel a fabric purchasing spree coming on. I've made and reviewed this pattern before so lets go straight to photos!




16 comments:

  1. Wonderfully fabric + wonderful top = great new outfit! Loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous top and the fabric 2df!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love the style and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I've been wanting to sew silk jersey too. Glad to know you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'allegedly'. That's great! LOVE the top. I just ordered samples of silk jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have sewn silk jersey once and really enjoyed the experience too. Shame it is so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have really been sewing up a storm. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty top. Everything you have made recently is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the chervon print, it looks great and i have a top like this one, so I know it is very flattering, you look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. So love this top on you. The fabric is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum. good to know that silk jersey is not that bad to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your fabric!!! Great top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great top and the fabric looks absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! And the fabric is really TDF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh that's lovely! Thanks for the vote of confidence re: silk jersey. I'm toying with making tmy bridesmaids' dresses in it but I had the same concern. hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another really cute top! I really love the things you make.

    ReplyDelete