Pages

Saturday 6 September 2008

Patrones Issue 257, 67 Lasserre Skirt

So far I haven't been very adventurous with my Patrones patterns. Baby steps! Here is another easy skirt, 2 pattern pieces, (front/back & waistband/yoke) and a rectangle of fabric for the ruffle. You could make a similar skirt starting with any pencil skirt pattern.

















This is a stretch cotton sateen purchased from Spotlight fairly recently, with it's brown, black and white print this is a great fabric to make a skirt out of, I'll be able to wear this with lots of different tops and jackets. There's really not much to say about the construction it was that simple. Unpicking the gathering stitches from the ruffle after it was in place was the worst bit! I simply finished the top and bottom edge of the ruffle with the serger because I thought that would balance out the "girly ruffliness" of it a bit.

11 comments:

  1. As I scrolled down, I wasn't sure about that ruffle- but when I saw the pic of you wearing the skirt, I literally went "oh yeah!". Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic skirt! It's really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skirt - the length is just right for the scale of the print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I like the way you have cut the fabric on the cross for the ruffle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful feminine skirt! Love the print

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! The skirt looks fab on that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a simple construction - but the result is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great skirt! And you are making great use of your serger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the skirt, simple but so unique. Great job!

    ReplyDelete