Pages

Friday 30 January 2009

BWOF 10/2008 - 123 Waistcoat & Kreativ Blog award


It's finally finished.  I apologise for the crummy photos of me - I don't know if it's my camera, bad lighting, the fact I have to use the self timer or whether I just have those unphotogenic genes, but these photos were the best I could do today!  I hope you can get a good idea of the waistcoat from the dressform pictures anyway.  The fabric does look a lot like leather in some of the photos but it's not, just a textured slightly metallic man made unidentifiable fabric.  The magazine version uses quilted imitation leather and I agree it would be awesome in leather.















This pattern has those little details that BWOF is known for but this pattern is very easy to put together and perfect for those in-between weather days.  I know most of you are having either freezing cold or boiling hot weather right now but it's got to change soon!















I was excited to see that I had been nominated for the Kreativ blog award doing the rounds at the moment by Robin, Christina and Meg.  Check out their great blogs ;


These awards are a fantastic way of discovering new blogs and my blog reader list has grown dramatically in the last couple of weeks.  So instead of nominating anyone in particular, I promise to start updating my blogroll to catch up with my blog reader.  Do click through when you have time and see if you spot any new blogs you haven't seen before.  (edited to say that I have in fact now just managed to delete everything that was already there so this is a work in progress!)

Finally I picked up my February BWOF today and think it's a great issue although impossible to see what's going on in some of the photos, I might just make something from it for my next random item....

21 comments:

  1. Wow--that is a STUNNER! You look good too in your photos :) --Kath (in Chicago till Sunday)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making clothes that are one of a kind! It looks chic and very expensive. Enjoy getting the compliments because you are going to get tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That vest is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! It looks very expensive. I would love to find some of that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alison, I've been reding your blog for a while now and I admire your choices of patterns and fabric. Here's another Kreative Blogger award for you! Regards Josie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY chic! I love this pattern too. Great fabric. You are right, this is perfect for in-between seasons. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks just like something on Net-a-Porter. Super chic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a great wardrobe piece! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allison—WOW! Your casual BWOF jackets are just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Very unique and perfect for the change of seasons no matter where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing jacket, you do such wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did some really beautiful work on this :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great jacket! It's really unusal and on the sewing side you did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's GORGEOUS!!!! You work is superb, I LOVE your waistcoat!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Allison, this looks great! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so cool! Though I really can't believe you that it's easy to put together. I *loved* the february issue; I'm sure you'll find lots of wonderful projects in it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The vest has turned out so well. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did an amazing job as usual. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That came out amazingly!! I love the fabric! Great job...AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete