Pages

Saturday 6 March 2010

Vogue 1170 taking shape

I'm really enjoying making this blouse, once all the narrow hemming is done (and yes I really must learn how to do a half decent one by machine) it takes shape pretty fast.

At the end of step 11 you have something that looks like this;

i.e. nothing like a blouse and everything like a cat mat

And then magically once you tie a knot at the centre front, just like knotting a ribbon, and stitch the remaining centre front and side seams, the beginnings of a blouse appear!


I'm now thinking about how to finish the back, it's supposed to button all the way up, but I may replace this with a short opening and a single button/loop opening at the top (making sure it fits over my head!). Once that's figured out and the hem is done I'll be finished, not bad going for me.

In todays non sewing spot, yesterday I went to one of HK's high end department store outlets and had one of those rare OMG retail moments. I've already bored my husband to bits about it so I will share here:- I found a soft, distressed, metallic leather jacket by Elie Tahari in my size reduced from HK$ 11,500 to HK$ 500 - thats around US$ 1,500 to $ 60 - BARGAIN! It didn't actually have the new price on the label just a coloured sticker - I rechecked the board explaining the what the stickers meant about 50 times before I went to the cash till I can tell you.






20 comments:

  1. You're speaking my language.lol. Great find! And your blouse is looking really pretty. Lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! You lucky girl! It looks like it will go with everything and work across the seasons too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bargain, especially for such a cool jacket! Your blouse looks beautiful --- and it has been cat-approved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great score on the jacket! Now will the blouse work with the jacket or is my monitor's color off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a score on that jacket! It should look good with the blouse, unless, as Carolyn said, my monitor is off.
    The blouse looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't the knot fun to do?! Can't wait to see your version!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a bargain you got!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a stunning jacket and I love the silk you used for the blouse. I'm sure you have access to some stunning fabric sources in HK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous jacket and wonderful silk blouse. Creativity and a sale, sounds like a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would be shouting it from the roof-tops if I picked up such a great bargain! Great jacket --- great price!

    The top is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi, you blog very very beautiful, I like it. happy days...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous fabric you are using for your blouse. I can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing find! Dang. Glad you nabbed it up. The blouse is looking so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blouse is looking really pretty and that jacket is ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo... I really like how the blouse is coming together! Love that jacket, too! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want a jacket just like that! Don't you just love finding a bargain? You can bore us with your bargains any day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, please let us know if the two go together, because on my monitor it seems likely. Love the fabric of the blouse, it looks like if feels just as great too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cat mat, I love that photo! Your jacket is breathtaking, so well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Connie M. (Connie M.)14 March 2010 at 02:40

    Soft distressed leather ..... yummmm! What a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Allison... April 30th We are meeting our daughter in Seoul and flying on to Hong Kong. If possible could you email me suggestions for places to look for fabrics in Hong Kong? A friend sent me to your site...Love the sewing you have been doing. Cheryl Allison Garst. gasc61944@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete