One advantage of ditching the photographic section of my Burda magazines after a year (I do scan the "at a glance" pages of both garment photos and tech drawings) is that I really focus on the pattern lines rather than get distracted by the sometimes not very helpful photography. In this case I knew I wanted a simple dress with a contrast yoke - I'd have missed this dress if I had just looked at the photos quickly.
(Incidentally this image is from a Russian site I discovered through Pattern Review that is pretty good for looking up Burda patterns, here is the link I use to run it through Google translate - http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.osinka.ru/Zhurnaly/Nav/)
The construction for this dress is not very sensible - minor things that are easy to correct. The yoke is lined but then the edges are basted together and stitched to the body of the dress so the seams show on the inside (this keeps the neck edge clean, but I'm sure it could be done a better way) and the sleeve bands are attached after the side seams are sewn up when it would be much simpler to put them in flat.
I've used a black jersey and a sequinned mesh fabric for the top layer of the yoke.
I left off the shoulder pleats and arm bands because my yoke is a sequin material on the outside which was too bulky to pleat & I did make jersey arm bands but preferred the cleaner look with them folded to the inside. I also replaced the drawstring casing with a simple elastic casing, and made a separate tie belt.
|Close up of yoke, the sequins are a bit more bronze in real life|
The result is a super simple and comfortable going out dress, I already have another version cut out from the feather print sheer fabric I bought recently for a day version.