Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2008

2008 here we come

I'm back from my holidays and desperate to get back into my sewing room this weekend.  For Christmas I got a new lamp which should make sewing in the evenings much easier, my lighting was terrible in there before and probably did my eyes no good.

At the very end of 2007 I -just- managed to complete a shirt for my husbands 40th birthday which very inconveniently falls just between Christmas and New Year.  This was my first attempt at menswear and I am pretty pleased with how I did.  I'll post about this separately when I've taken some more photos.  I didn't want to post about it before in case he somehow read about it - as if he might be surfing around sewing sites!!

So for 2008 my sewing goals are;

  1. Keep up with this blog, recording all my projects successful or otherwise.  I think it will be interesting to look back over the year and see what I have achieved.
  2. Make a piece each month from BWOF, unless I hate everything in an issue obviously
  3. Make something, anything, from the Patrones magazines my Spanish sister in law has been kindly sending to me.  
  4. Complete a co-ordinating summer mini wardrobe or collection.  My sewing tends to be a bit random and while I am not ready for a full blown SWAP this will be a good introduction to better planning.


No comments:

Post a Comment