First up is a pair of BWOF pants - 2005/10 - 104. I really didn't notice these pants the first time I looked at the magazine, and it was only when I was flicking through my file of line drawings almost 2 years later that I did. The great thing about these pants is that they have seams on the centre front and back legs which, although take up more fabric, makes tweaking the fit much easier since you have more seams to play with. I'm making these in a brown stretch fabric and they are already cut out and the waistband pieces interfaced.
I'm also making a co-ordinating blouse from Butterick 4985. I've made this twice before, both with modified sleeves since the puffed sleeves per the pattern seem to look silly on me. I love the bodice shaping though, and find this works as a blouse and also as a little jacket over a camisole.
Here is a version that I made before and will be copying in a brown cotton print.
So the pants should go with both this shirt and the wrap top that I have just made. Hope to have an update on those soon.
I'm also rather pleased that I have learnt, with the help of Sigrid (well a comment on Sigrid's blog to be precise, but she pointed me in the right direction) to insert an image. Hooray. I have also learnt that I hate our Mac which regularly just drops connection to the internet for no apparent reason. Thank goodness for autosave on blogger or there would be a laptop shaped hole in my window right now. Off to the sewing room to unwind............
Post a Comment