Pages

Monday 14 January 2008

BWOF 2008/01 - 116 Wrap Top


Yay I made something from January BWOF in January.  Admittedly it is probably the quickest and easiest thing to make from the magazine.

My resident photographer is in Beijing this week and I could not get a useful picture on my dressform, so with the camera on self timer and balancing on a pile of books (the camera, not me) this is the best I could do....

The fabric is a Missoni inspired print from my recent splurge at Gorgeous Fabrics.  I made my usual size 38 and I have to say it is a little snug even with reduced seam allowances on the sleeves and sideseams.  This is either because
  • Burda have not been as consistent as usual in sizing
  • My fabric is thicker or less stretchy than it should be  
  • I have some post Christmas "baggage" to get rid of
Sadly I think I know the answer!  

Overall it was very easy to put together and the instructions were pretty straightforward too. The only thing I did differently to the instructions was to sew the sleeves in flat and then sew the sleeve and side seam as one.  I also lengthened the ties by around 4 inches.  I think once I have dealt with my little problem above I will be happier with this top.  I love the colours in the fabric which make it really versatile and I like the fact this top has a built in camisole front to make it easy to wear.  I'll post some better photos when I have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment