I've reached a decision on my next project - it's going to be this blouse for the Pattern Review BWOF January sewalong. I'm swapping the long sleeves to the short ones shown on dress 121 though (I'm ever hopeful that this winter is going to end soon!) - the basic pattern pieces are the same so this is an easy change to make.
I traced the pattern last night and maybe it was too late at night but I had lots of difficulty with it. The problems started when I traced a piece from sheet E instead of sheet F and once I spotted that, I had problems finding which lines were for 120 and which were for 121. Hopefully I won't end up with something too weird! I still need to make adjustments to the pattern for an FBA, but that will have to wait for another week until I get back from my trip to Australia.
I'm planning on making this in a white self striped stretch cotton from my stash and will keep an eye out for some trim for the collar and something for the side closure.
By the way I finished off the brown pants last night and will post a separate review for them when I get back, they're going in my suitcase now! See you in a week, sunshine here I come!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Looking forward to your version of this blouse. Hope you find something special for the trim and closure. Otherwise: you might consider small loops with buttons for the closing.ReplyDelete
Have a nice trip.