Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

More cutting table photos

For those of you interested in the cutting table I gushed about, I have taken some more photos for you here.  I purchased this in the UK back in the 90's and I'm sorry I don't have a clue who I bought it from, I think I met the supplier at a sewing expo.

I am sure these days there is more availability  - a quick google search for folding craft table brought up this lot.  Also people have done some amazing DIY and come up with designs of their own, lots of examples on the rather brilliant Ikea Hackers site here. (I promise I am not on Ikea's payroll!).

My table is quite large, the centre section is 21 x 40 inches and each folding bit is 26 x 40 inches.


The middle section has a slot for cutting mats - mine has mysteriously vanished in the move but it is a really useful place for stashing rolls of tracing paper etc. too.  There are also drawers - one side has 5 drawers, and the other has two drawers and a cupboard with a slide out bottom for a machine.



The legs are gate leg style on casters for easy folding and the centre section is also on casters.



9 comments:

  1. That is a really great cutting table and storage system. I am so glad you kept it in storage and you have it again. You were really productive with the much smaller cutting space you had in the last place. enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Thanks for sharing more about your cutting table Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have a dedicated cutting table. My long dining table must suffice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful thing to have. All that cutting space! And storage! How cares if it is pine? I wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really well designed; one of the best I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great table Allison. I know why you brought it with you from London to HK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Alison for these new photos and information. I am now going to look for a cabinet maker who can replicate your table for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a nice cutting table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fabulous cutting table. I love the little nook for tracing paper--what a perfect little detail. My cutting table is the dining table. Someday...

    ReplyDelete