Pages

Saturday 16 August 2008

Instant Gratification Skirt Version 2

Thank you everyone for the comments on my recent outfits. I wore the saffron jacket and print skirt out to lunch last weekend and my (male) friend said to me " that's the nicest I've seen you look in a long time" !!! I suppose there is a compliment in there somewhere!

Sometimes a fabric just tells you what it wants to be and that's what happened with the embroidered black and white cotton I bought recently. I made another version of the easy skirt - BWOF 03/2008-105. I added in a silk satin lining and omitted the belt detail on this one. This one proves what a versatile pattern this is, I can wear this all year round by pairing it with different garments. And I can make it up in a few hours, I'm sure there will be a version 3 before too long.

Here is the summer look;


Here is the winter look, this is my favourite, I almost can't wait for cooler weather to arrive. I'm wearing it with the Vogue Montana denim jacket that I made earlier this year.

I'm also rather impressed with my seam matching and invisible zipper on the centre back!

13 comments:

  1. Very nice! That zipper matches perfectly!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute skirt. The whole outfit looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I really like this combi. I had a longer look at your Montana jacket - and it really knocked me off my feet, so much so, that I think I might try it myself.
    I also like your craftsmanship - the matching seams on the zipper are great, really like your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That winter look is too jazzy!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the print matches perfectly..! Great looks for warm and cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! Love the pseudo-compliment you got. Men!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Love the Montana jacket. Your pattern matching across that zipper is indeed impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great matching job on the skirt :) And nice to see that great jacket again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! A look how perfect your seaming is in the back. The denim jacket is killer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to have a skirt that can be worn in each season. Wonderful outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the skirt and I would be proud of that zipper too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Again, a great outfit! Thanks for reminding me of that gorgeous Montana jacket! I have the pattern and I can't wait to find the right fabric for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the summer/winter look! You're very tallent! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete