Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Skirt Update and Other Bits & Bobs

Good news, I just read today that Burda Style have released the skirt pattern as a download so if you don't have the magazine or cannot face the tracing sheets of doom then you can buy it here.

LisaB asked if the twist adds bulk at the front - well it does a bit yes which is why fabric choice is really important if you are sensitive about that.  You need something thin, yet drapy enough to hang properly - my cotton is on the floaty side.  I'm also thinking about shifting the twist detail to the side front, something like this skirt by Karen Millen.  I even like the colour and I am not a yellow fan at all - finally the trend for bright colours may be sinking in.

I get my Burda magazine through a local bookstore who reserve it for me each month and I usually get it here in Hong Kong around the end of the preceding month.  However April's arrived a bit early and I picked it up yesterday.  Expect to see these 2 patterns from me soon, I love them both.

Top 115


Alberta Ferretti dress 147

For a blog that is supposed to be a gallery of stuff I've made I realise there is not much going on here!  However I have actually finished 2 dresses in the last few weeks, I just need to get around to photographing them so hopefully they will be up here soon.  Then I have 2 more cut out - you have been warned - dress season is here folks!

And last, but by no means least, a huge thank you to both SewBarbie and Stepalica for nominating me for awards.  I will study the rules and come back with a proper post on those soon.




6 comments:

  1. Alison, you are right. That top is lovely. I'm not sure how I managed to miss it!

    The yellow skirt is very appealling too. I'll be interested to hear how you get on moving the twist to the side. Just about to finish a second one of these skirts and now I can see another one coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know how much I love a dress so bring them on! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be very excited to see all of your new dresses this season - your dresses always turn out fabulously! And I am very excited to see the Alberta Ferretti dress - that is totally my favorite in the April issue (even though mine hasn't shown up yet).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get my hands on this issue. I love the skirt and that dress is just exquisite. I've earmarked it for my daughter's graduation dinner next year. Long way off but I think I'm sufficiently in love to make a commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your nominations! And those are the two garments that caught my eye in the April issue, too! Looking forward to seeing your versions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, love the top! you will find it in my top five in the April Burda as well - but I believe I will make the dress first.

    ReplyDelete