Pages

Thursday 6 January 2011

In the Pipeline

Happy New Year everyone!

My machines are currently threaded up for a project I am working on for a friend (copying a bikini - stupid, stupid me for opening my big mouth and saying I could do a better job than the copy she had done in China!). To get me through it I have been planning what I am going to make next for me, so coming up in posts in the hopefully not too distant future are:-

1) Versace pencil skirt from Patrones 272, pattern # 48. I made a muslin (I know - new year, new me??) and loved the fit, this could be a TNT skirt, not that I look anything like the model below. This has been cut out in grey wool ready to sew.


2) Co-ordinating (also somewhat unusual for me) top - McCall's 5977, the green view below, but without the neck ruffles, partly sewn before I started feeling guilty about the bikini project. This is in the print bit left over from the Vogue 1120 border print dress I made here. (Incidentally this dress made it onto Vogue's Facebook page back in December - its worth a look as there are lots of great examples of Vogue's patterns there, someone must be very busy trawling through the internet, what a fun job to have!).


3) Hot Patterns razor sharp pants. This has been in my stash ever since people raved about the right angle back crotch curve and I have only just got around to trying a muslin (yes, that's two in a week, a record). No kidding, I whizzed up a size 12 and it fit perfectly - that never, ever happens with pants. I was hoping to make these in the same grey wool as the skirt above but I'm a bit short on fabric so I will have to find another use for the leftover yardage and go shopping for a new piece for these, can't wait to make them up!


4) Vogue 1207 by Cynthia Steffe in this spotted, butterfly print chiffon, haven't got any further than choosing fabric so far. The sneak preview of the fabulous new Vogue patterns that Adrienne recently posted make me want to try and use up some of my last lot of Vogue patterns before I buy more, as I inevitably will come the next sale.


5) A wool winter dress from Vogue 8408, love the dramatic collar on this one. I need to go fabric shopping for this too, I may do that tomorrow if I make some good bikini progress tonight, it will be a good incentive!

22 comments:

  1. All of your future projects look fantastic. Congrats to the feature on Vogue's facebook page.
    Good luck on the bikini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these projects are inspiring. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with and your assessment of the patterns. Especially the razor sharp pants.

    I have the pattern for the last Vogue dress. I started to make it and hesitated when I saw that it had no pattern pieces for the lining. I also would have had to make some adjustments on the seams to fit around my hips. It all just seemed to daunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all. I own the ruffle top pattern and it is a great TNT using leftover charmeuse. It is on my list also!

    I really want to make that CS dress, 6 months from now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your projects list! Can't wait to see them made up, particularly the McCall's shirt pattern. I've had my eye on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, to have a TNT skirt! I love the polka dot print for the Cynthia Steffee too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to post my pic of V1207. I wore it over the weekend. Im still on the fence about liking it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some great projects in the works. Can't wait to see the finished beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fabric and I need a closer look at that Cynthia Steffe I clearly remember bypassing last year for some forgotten reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh I can't wait to see the Versace skirt in real life - I have that issue but the model photo really frightens me, like it'd show every little ounce of belly. That you're so enthusiastic totally intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. please please make the pants soon :) I am in search of a TNT pants pattern, so far not liking any I have tried.
    My Vogue Michael Kors dress was also on their Facebook page - and I thought the same thing, who is web surfing all day for sewers of Vogue patterns?
    great stuff, looking forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a lot of the patterns you are showing here. I need to dig them out. Can't wait to see the Patrones skirt with McCall's top. That outfit will look stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clearly u have great taste in fabrics. I love your new plans

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great projects there! Good luck with the bikini.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely plans you have! And a nice mix of styles and types so you won't get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choices. I love the Christina Steffe dress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all those patterns. I have that last dress pattern, so I look forward to seeing how the pattern works out. I have had the same happen on Facebook but with McCalls. Can I have that job?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I started the Cynthia Steffee before xmas but haven't had the mojo to finish it. It was NOT fun figuring out how to do a FBA for, but maybe I'm just dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to see your version of the Vogue with the big collar. It's such a dramatic style. I made it once but my skills weren't up to it at the time (I think it was the second dress I ever made) and it didn't work out for me; I should have another go sometime. Someone on PR has made a great version of it in a knit. Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've planned some really nice projects. Can't wait to see them all made up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your projects very much. My favourite is your project about the pants.
    Enjoy sewing!

    Many greets :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have some great stuff in the queue. Happy sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete